My summer vacation comes to a close. I just spent the last 4 1/2 days doing a 31 mile backpacking trip through Yosemite National Park with my Boy Scout Troop 11 and my parents and my 6 year old little sister.
On Day 3 of the hike we climb to Half Dome after 1 hour hike up to sub dome and then to the bottom of the cables. I just got on those cables and pulled myself up and reach the top Half Dome.
What an amazing experience to be in such a beautiful place.
We ended the day with a 10 mile trek to the Yosemite Valley, although it was all done hill it was one of the toughest hikes and yes, my sister did all 31 miles of hiking including climbing up half dome.
What an awesome summer. Here are just a few things I completed in our short summer vacation:
- United States Naval Academy Summer Seminar – 7 Days
- California Boys State Program – 7 Days
- Air Force JROTC Summer Leadership School – 7 Days
- Marine Corp Devil Pup as Eagle – 14 Days
- Yosemite 31 Mile Backpacking Trip – 4 Days
School starts in 14 days, so I need to start studying for ACT exams.